Welcome to Aetna Better Health of Louisiana
Keep your Medicaid information up to date to maintain coverage
Healthy Louisiana enrollees need to make sure their information stays current to ensure their Medicaid coverage. You can make changes to your address and your financial and employment information online at https://sspweb.lameds.ldh.la.gov/selfservice/. You will need to create an account to make changes.
Medicaid is now checking eligibility more than once a year, so it is important that your information and your address is current.
If you get a letter from Medicaid asking for more information or asking you to verify your income, be sure to respond as soon as possible. If you do not, your case may be closed and you may lose your Medicaid coverage, even if you are still eligible.
Thank you for choosing Aetna Better Health of Louisiana for your health coverage
Our focus is on helping you be healthy. Anytime you have questions, just call our Enrollee Services department. We’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-855-242-0802, TTY 711.
Enrollee Services can help you:
- Choose or change a Primary Care Provider (PCP)
- Learn about all the services you have covered under managed care
- Work together with your PCP to keep well
- Know your rights and responsibilities as an Aetna Better Health of Louisiana enrollee
- Learn about services in your area, and get help when you need it
- Solve any questions or problems you may have with your care
- Find your PCP’s office locations and office hours and make appointments
- Know your PCP’s medical and educational background
- Understand our fraud and abuse policies and report any fraud and abuse you find
2018 Annual notification to enrollees
Notice for enrollees (new)
For medical or behavioral services you have already received and have paid for
If you paid for medical or behavioral health care at the same time you were eligible for Medicaid, Aetna Better Health may pay you back the Medicaid amount. You have 30 days to send us a request for payment for paid covered services. The 30-day period begins on the date Aetna was notified of your Medicaid start date. You will have an extra 30 days to provide us the following information:
- A copy of the bill from the provider with the service and diagnosis codes.
- Proof that the bill was paid by you or someone else. An example of proof is a statement from another insurance that shows the amount paid to the provider and the amount you still owe.
We want to hear from you
Enrollee Services needs your help too. We value your ideas and suggestions to change and improve our services we offer to you. Do you have an idea on how we can work better for you? Call us to tell us your ideas. We also have a committee you can join called the Enrollee Advisory Committee. It is made up of enrollees and their caregivers who share the same goals as you. They tell us how we can improve our services.
We’re always looking for enrollees to help us find better ways to do things. There are only three requirements. You must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- An enrollee of Aetna Better Health of Louisiana for at least the last 90 days
- Willing to attend meetings in person or by phone 4 times a year (If you attend the meetings in person, you’ll be reimbursed for your transportation cost)