Another benefit we offer is a video visit with a provider. It can be with either a physical health provider or a mental health and substance use provider. And it is at no cost to you.
“Telehealth” uses two-way video. A provider and a patient can talk and see each other. They can be in two different places. They will interact with each other by sight and sound. Your computer with need to have video capabilities. Or your smartphone will also work.
Teladoc (physical health) is available in mobile app version with free download for both Apple and Android phones.
Telehealth with a physical health provider
Teladoc offers telehealth sessions with a provider for your physical health problem. Teladoc does not replace your PCP. It is just another choice for quality care when you can’t easily talk with your PCP. Through a secure video provider visit on your computer, you can meet with a U.S. board certified doctor, licensed in your state, who can treat many simple conditions like:
- Sinus problems
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Respiratory infections
- Ear infections and more
3 easy steps
- On your computer, go online and click on “Set up account” so you can set up your own account
- Log in and complete “My Medical History” tab
- Request a provider visit, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
If you have any questions call 1-800-Teladoc (835-2362) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Telehealth with a mental health or substance use provider
Breakthrough offers tele-behavioral health, also called tele-therapy, as a new way to get mental health and substance use care. You can work with licensed therapist and have an online video therapy session. You can schedule your session on your own time and from wherever you are. It is easy to use on your own computer or cellphone with internet access. And these sessions are always confidential within the limits of the law.
Our therapists can help you with a wide range of issues. Some of the most common are:
- Child behavior and learning issues
- Coping with loss and grief
- Marital problems
- Parenting counseling and advice
- Stresses and challenges of everyday life
- Substance use problems
You can talk to your therapist when it’s best for you. It can be during your lunch hour, evenings or while your kids are sleeping. You no longer need to rearrange your day or travel to an office to meet with a therapist.
5 easy steps
- On your computer or cell phone with internet access, go to our website.
- Set up your account and profile.
- Download the VSee software to your computer. You only need to do this once.
- Find a licensed Louisiana therapist you want to work with. You can filter therapists by gender, language or specialty. The therapist profiles will list their credentials, specialties and available appointment times.
- Once you choose your therapist, you can schedule the appointment time that works best for you.
To start your session
You will log online at your scheduled appointment time. The website will direct you to begin a secure video visit with your therapist.
Using your cell phone
If you have a smartphone, you can go online and have your video session through your phone. Applicable minutes and data use will apply.
If you have any issues setting up your account or any questions, call Breakthrough, an MDLive company, at 1-888-977-5703, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Computer or smartphone requirements for telehealth
To video chat with a provider through your computer or smartphone there are operating system and internet browser requirements.
Chrome Version 31 and up
Internet Explorer Version 9 and up
Webcam and microphone
10.7 or newer
Windows 7, 8 or 10
Firefox Version 24 and up